phone 0800 011 3200
Our phone service is temporarily suspended as our teams are supporting the management of the coronavirus (COVID-19) helpline
chat service

Caring for an adult with incapacity

Caring for an adult with incapacity


The Adults with Incapacity Act (Scotland) Act 2000 helps safeguard the welfare and finances of people who lack 'capacity'.

There is also a short guide available for this.

The information was last updated on: 17th January 2019


How could we improve this website or this page? Please tell us your thoughts.

Find my council

Most care services are coordinated through regional councils and...further text to explain the importance of council and care serve provision/funding.

Find my council

You can contact your local council's social care department for a free assessment. Find their details here...

Scottish Government Scottish NHS