phone 0800 011 3200
Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
chat service

Legal advice

Legal advice


You may need legal help for some aspects of care, including setting up a power of attorney, guardianship, acting as an executor or making a will.

There's lots of advice you can get, and there may be legal aid available to help with costs if you choose to use a solicitor.

The information was last updated on: 28th August 2020


How could we improve this website or this page? Please tell us your thoughts.

Find my council

Most care services are coordinated through regional councils and...further text to explain the importance of council and care serve provision/funding.

Find my council

You can contact your local council's social care department for a free assessment. Find their details here.

Scottish Government Scottish NHS