There's a lot of support you can get from:
- your local council's social care department – ask them for an adult care support plan or a young carers statement and an assessment of care needs for the person you look after
- carers' centres – they offer practical support, advice and information
- your place of work or education – you can find flexible ways to work or study to fit round caring for someone
- training courses – there are courses to help you in your caring role as well as courses to help your personal and professional development
There are many organisations supporting carers, including:
- Carers Trust Scotland
- Babble for young carers
- Shared Care Scotland for information on short breaks from caring
- Age Scotland
- Carers Scotland - watch their video below
VOCAL's video below describes the difference support can make.
Contact us for information on support groups in your area.
The information was last updated on: 3rd May 2018