Please use this page to get in touch with us if you have a question about care or to send us comments about our website or helpline service.
Please phone us on 0800 011 3200. Or send us an online enquiry. Or click on the webchat button.
Our opening hours are:
- Monday to Friday, 8am to 10pm
- Saturday and Sunday, 9am to 5pm
We value your feedback, and all enquiries are answered.
Whatever your question may be about care, we'll do our best to help you find the information you need.
Webchat allows you to ask our advisers questions in real time. Chat to us online about any care enquiries.
How it works
A new chat window will open, and you'll be asked to type in some information. If one of our advisers is available, you'll be connected straight away. If no adviser is available, you'll join a queue, and your request will be picked up as soon as an adviser becomes available. If there are no advisers available, you'll receive a message and you can try again later.
When you're finished, click "END CHAT" to close the window. Once your chat has finished, you'll have the option to answer 2 questions to tell us how you've found your chat experience.
We're sorry, but our advisers can't help with clinical or symptomatic questions through webchat. If you feel unwell or have a health concern, contact your GP or phone NHS 24 on 111 if your GP is closed.
Any information you share with us will be held in confidence and will not be passed to any third parties. More about how we use and share your information.
If English is not your first language, we use a translation service called Language Line which can provide someone to translate between you and the helpline staff member, to support callers who cannot - or prefer not to - speak English.
Language Line is private, confidential and free to use.
To use Language Line:
- call us on 0800 011 3200
- tell the call handler that you need an interpreter
- tell the call handler the name of your preferred language
- once you're connected to an interpreter, you'll have a 3-way conversation with us to explain the problem in your language and get the help you need
British Sign Language
contactScotland-BSL connects Deaf BSL users throughout Scotland through a dedicated team of interpreters, with all of Scotland's public authorities.
How to use contactScotland-BSL:
- Phone 0131 510 4555 to connect to the online BSL interpreter
- Give the online interpreter the name of the person you wish to call
- The Deaf person you're with will have to have downloaded the 'interpreternow' app
- The interpreter will relay the call between you and the Deaf person
For more information, see contactScotland-BSL.
We will consider reasonable requests for information from this website to be provided in an alternative format. If you would like us to consider such a request, please email us at CareInformationScotland@nhs24.scot.nhs.uk.
The information was last updated on: 31st January 2018