phone 0800 011 3200
Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
chat service

Supported housing

Supported housing


Supported housing may be the answer if you want to live independently, in a smaller and easier-to-manage home with accessibility features, and with the reassurance of having someone to call on if there's an emergency.

You can buy or rent supported housing from providers like:

  • your local council
  • a housing association
  • a private company

It may also be called:

  • sheltered housing or very sheltered housing
  • retirement housing
  • supported living accommodation

The information was last updated on: 26th August 2020


How could we improve this website or this page? Please tell us your thoughts.

Find my council

Most care services are coordinated through regional councils and...further text to explain the importance of council and care serve provision/funding.

Find my council

You can contact your local council's social care department for a free assessment. Find their details here.

Scottish Government Scottish NHS