phone 0800 011 3200
Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
chat service

Disability services

Disability services
If you have a disability, you can get various services from your local council, who work in partnership with the NHS and other agencies. These services can maintain your independence as much as possible at home and in the community.

These services include:

To access these services, contact your local council's social care department for an assessment of your care needs.

Further information

Read the Scottish Government's Disabled People, their commitment to equality for people with a disability.

Capability Scotland's website offers information and advice, and you can phone them on 0131 313 5510.

Search ALISS to find health and wellbeing organisations offering support.

The information was last updated on: 8th September 2020


How could we improve this website or this page? Please tell us your thoughts.

Find my council

Most care services are coordinated through regional councils and...further text to explain the importance of council and care serve provision/funding.

Find my council

You can contact your local council's social care department for a free assessment. Find their details here.

Scottish Government Scottish NHS