phone 0800 011 3200
Our phone service is temporarily suspended as our teams are supporting the management of the coronavirus (COVID-19) helpline
chat service

Guardianship Further information

Further information

Further information

The Office of the Public Guardian gives a wide range of general advice and guidance in relation to the Adults with Incapacity (Scotland) Act 2000. You can phone them on 01324 678 300, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.

Read the Scottish Government's Guardianship and Intervention Orders - making an application: a guide for carers.

Read the Scottish Government's Adults with Incapacity (Scotland) Act 2000 - a short guide.

Read Mental Welfare Commission for Scotland's Money Matters (PDF, 136 KB).

Find a solicitor with the Law Society of Scotland's directory.

The information was last updated on: 14th January 2019


How could we improve this website or this page? Please tell us your thoughts.

Find my council

Most care services are coordinated through regional councils and...further text to explain the importance of council and care serve provision/funding.

Find my council

You can contact your local council's social care department for a free assessment. Find their details here...

Scottish Government Scottish NHS